Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hello Trello

 Trello

My academic library has recently experimented with using Trello as a project management site.  We were looking for a way to organize summer projects in a way that combines the staff, student workers, resources, and other necessities required in one place.  Another feature is that everyone can see what you are working on which reduces that “I do everything around here” feeling.

What is Trello?


“Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards.  In one glance, Trello tells you what’s being worked on, who’s working on what, and where something is in a process.” --- Trello Help

My experience


Trello, so far is easy to use and free to sign up for.  You essentially create a board, and place a list of cards (ideas) on the board.  You can then add comments to a card.  It has some design features that I have issues with, but I am working around that.  I have a Book Display board with active displays as well as display ideas.  One feature I like is that I can link Pinterest pins directly to a card on a Trello board.  So if I like this display idea pin I can directly link it to the Trello board so when I want to create it I don’t have to search very far.  My boss likes it because if we ever need something else to work on she has a board waiting.


Do you Trello?

No comments:

Post a Comment