Tuesday, June 2, 2015

On Display

Display This!


I have created some awesome displays during my time at EGSC.  I decided that while I have such a captive audience I am going to share some of my more recent beauties.  The most difficult part about creating a display, other than deciding on a concept, is to make sure the collection has the materials to support it.  I have had several great display ideas, or rather Pinterest has, but the academic library does not have the content to support it.  I cannot image the money that my coworkers and I have spent out of our own pockets to buy books for a specific display. Now that is dedication.

Enjoy!

Beach Books for Summer
(Fun summer reads and movies)


Box Office Books
(You get the idea)


April Showers Bring May Flowers.
(Flower book titles)



4 comments:

  1. I love these! I wish my library had the space and budget to create displays like these. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The budget is mostly employee volunteer funds. My boss purchased the wrapping paper for the endcaps as well as the beach items on the first table. As for the space, I am so glad we purchased the slat-wall last semester. I love making these smaller endcap displays in the book stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia, You have been a revelation this semester. All the best to you going forward. In all things. :)

    ReplyDelete